Level up the Twitch community with game-matched Extensions
With Twitch Extensions, broadcasters can further connect with their viewers and provide new ways to engage, via stream overlay or as a panel on their channel.
TwitchDev Jam: 2019 aims to encourage developers to create awesome “game-matched Twitch Extensions” that bring more game content, better functionality, and tailored interactivity to some of our games, like Fortnite, World of Warcraft, and Grand Theft Auto V! What’s a game-matched Extension? Glad you asked! Game matched extensions are powered by game data to deliver rich, meaningful real-time experiences that prioritize viewer interaction and participation.
In addition to five finalists for the Grand Prize, we’ll have a Broadcaster’s Choice and a Viewer’s Choice winner!
Come power the future of interactive engagement on Twitch!
Build a functional Twitch game-matched Extension for one specific game on Twitch.
- Extensions must be created during the competition submission period.
- All submissions must include a demonstration video of the Extension functioning.
- All Extensions must be released publicly before the submission deadline!
- Submit to Twitch AT LEAST 72 hours early for review!
How to Enter:
- Register on Devpost to receive important updates.
- Choose a game on Twitch to target for your game-matched Extension.
- Review the Resources to help get started.
- Sign up for a Twitch developer account.
- Build a Twitch Extension that interacts with your chosen game.
- Submit your Twitch Extension for review (72 hour SLA).
- Release your approved Twitch Extension.
- Submit your project on twitchdevjam.devpost.com!
Panel of Judges
(Judges to be announced)
Novelty, Creativity, and Innovation
(Includes the ability to amaze and delight viewers when engaging with a stream.)
Implementation of the Idea
(Includes how well the idea was executed and how well the extension engages with a stream.)
Potential Value to Twitch community
(Includes the extent to which the solution can help Twitch content creators.)
(Includes a deep interactivity function that impacts the game in real time.)