Build a game-matched Extension and compete for $60k in cash prizes
With Twitch Extensions, broadcasters can further connect with their viewers and provide new ways to engage, via stream overlay or as a panel on their channel.
TwitchDev Jam: 2019 aims to encourage developers to create awesome “game-matched Twitch Extensions” that bring more game content, better functionality, and tailored interactivity to some of our games, like Fortnite, World of Warcraft, and Grand Theft Auto V! What’s a game-matched Extension? Glad you asked! Game matched extensions are powered by game data to deliver rich, meaningful real-time experiences that prioritize viewer interaction and participation.
In addition to five finalists for the Grand Prize, we’ll have a Broadcaster’s Choice and a Viewer’s Choice winner!
Come power the future of interactive engagement on Twitch!
Build a functional Twitch game-matched Extension for one specific game on Twitch.
- Extensions must be created during the competition submission period.
- All submissions must include a demonstration video of the Extension functioning.
- All Extensions must be released publicly before the submission deadline!
- Submit to Twitch AT LEAST 72 hours early for review!
How to Enter:
- Register on Devpost to receive important updates.
- Choose a game on Twitch to target for your game-matched Extension.
- Review the Resources to help get started.
- Sign up for a Twitch developer account.
- Build a Twitch Extension that interacts with your chosen game.
- Submit your Twitch Extension for review (72 hour SLA).
- Release your approved Twitch Extension.
- Submit your project on twitchdevjam.devpost.com!
Senior Director of Product Management
Head of Product
Technical Product Manager
Novelty, Creativity, and Innovation
(Includes the ability to amaze and delight viewers when engaging with a stream.)
Implementation of the Idea
(Includes how well the idea was executed and how well the extension engages with a stream.)
Potential Value to Twitch community
(Includes the extent to which the solution can help Twitch content creators.)
(Includes a deep interactivity function that impacts the game in real time.)